Tuesday, September 20, 2011

More Questions and Answers

Why don't you listen to what the universe or your mind or your body or your god whispers ever more closely to you?

Because it is difficult to trust, especially what appears to be good or benevolent.

If you could, what gift that is impossible for you to give would you offer and to whom? Why this specific gift to this specific person or persons?

The will to live, which I would give to any person considering killing themselves because of depression. Because I have known people who did and saw the wake of grief it leaves.

Describe a person you love. How would you know them without their face?

S—. I would know her voice, the fast tumble of words. Even without language, I'd know her habit of little burrs between sentences. Ummms and errrs, like tiny motors idling.

How did you first know you were in love and what makes you unsure of it?

It is really hard to defining the "knowing" moment but I think it was based on acknowledging how incredibly sad I would be at the thought of his absence. (That and still loving to see his profile while reading.) Ten years in, our daily-ness has dulled that sadness and certainty takes its place. That certainty can make me restless.

No comments:

Post a Comment